The Chemistry graduation in the Federal University of ABC enables the student achieves the skills and abilities necessary to act in the field of basic education, especially in primary education in the areas of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, and in high school in the Chemical area. According to the changes that society has lived and responding to the tasks and challenges mentioned above the Degree in Chemistry has as goals:
- Provide to the student a wide and solid education that deal with basic knowledge of their specific areas;
- Promote, through practical activities and internships in various educational activities, the union of specific knowledge with educational activities;
- Promote the immersion of students in production environments and scientific and cultural dissemination in the context of science education and mathematics;
- Form an educator conscious of their role in the formation of citizens according to the educational, scientific, environmental and social perspectives;
- Train the future teachers for constant personal and professional self-improvement.